ALISS (Association of Librarians and Information Professionals in the Social Sciences) is a not-for- profit unincorporated professional society. It is an independent group which was formed in April 2005 by the former committee of ASSIGN (Aslib Social Science Information Group and Network).
Membership is open to:
- Libraries/ information units in all sectors (government, commercial, voluntary sector, academic sector) associated with the social sciences.
- Information workers/ librarians at all stages of their careers.
Transitioning to new ways of working – supporting ourselves and our users- the ALISS Christmas hot chocolate and experience sharing event!
- London South Bank University in the Time of Covid
Alison Skoyles, Emma Perry and Dewi Griffin
- Teeside University Student Life services
Fran Porritt. presented by Ian Baird
- Supporting ourselves and our colleagues – Crafty Coffees and The Great Library Takeaway!
Charlie Hill, Susan O’Sullivan, Birmingham City University
Most recent issue with articles on broadening access online now published.
- Aliss Quarterly prize winners announced
- ALISS Bursaries We will open applications for 2021 later in the year
- Recent issues of our disability Bibliography issue online
more coming soon