ALISS (Association of Librarians and Information Professionals in the Social Sciences) is a not-for- profit unincorporated professional society. It is an independent group which was formed in April 2005 by the former committee of ASSIGN (Aslib Social Science Information Group and Network).
Membership is open to:
- Libraries/ information units in all sectors (government, commercial, voluntary sector, academic sector) associated with the social sciences.
- Information workers/ librarians at all stages of their careers.
Most recent issue with articles on broadening access online now published.
- Aliss Quarterly prize winners announced
- ALISS Bursaries We will open applications for 2021 later in the year
- Recent issues of our disability Bibliography issue online
New Christmas event on zoom
Transitioning to new ways of working – supporting ourselves and our users- the ALISS Christmas hot chocolate and experience sharing event!
8th December 2-4pm
Like all infomation professional ALISS members have faced the challenges of remote and hybrid working over the last few months and are now considering possible new futures both for supporting service users and colleagues . At this point we felt we wanted to organise a discussion of issues we have faced, lessons learned and ways forward for practitioners. The afternoon will cover several general themes in an informal supportive atmosphere. Each will have a facilitator presenting insight from their institution offering practical cheap tips and encouraging discussion from delegates.