Information about our bursaries.
last offered 2019
Both bursaries cover conference fees and/or travel expenses up to a value of £250 each.
Extract from Association of Librarians and Information professionals in the Social Sciences (ALISS) constitution, 2018
Bursary 1 – Members’ bursary
Open to all individual or corporate members of ALISS, with priority given, at the committee’s discretion, to one of both of the following:
- Non-HE sector members
- Early career members (those with less than five years’ experience of working in library and information settings.)
Bursary 2 – Student bursary
Open to full-time, part-time and distance learning students currently studying for a CILIP-accredited course in the library and information sector in the UK.
Application will be via a written statement, of no more than 500 words, setting out eligibility for application, reasons for wishing to attend the event, and benefits of the event in terms of the current role or as career development.
- The conference/CPD event must be taking place in the UK between 1st January and 31st December of the calendar year in which it is awarded.
- If an application is received from an individual at the same institution as an ALISS committee member, that committee member will not engage with the selection process
- The award recipients will be expected to write a report on the event and their experiences for inclusion in the ALISS Quarterly journal.
- Bursaries will be paid on production of an invoice or proof of payment
- Awards are made at the discretion of the ALISS committee and their decision is final.
For further information. contact:
Heather Dawson, ALISS Secretary: email@example.com