ALISS (Association of Librarians and Information Professionals in the Social Sciences) is a not-for- profit unincorporated professional society. It is a completely independent group, formed in 2005
Under the constitution of ALISS, elected members, comprising up to three officers: Chair, Honorary Treasurer, Honorary Secretary; and up to six ordinary members of the committee, all of whom must be members of the Group.
Members of the Group may be co-opted to the committee and shall have the same powers as if they were elected, but their tenure of service shall terminate at the next AGM.
Current Committee Membership 2020-21:
- Sue O’Sullivan, Birmingham City University (Chair)
- Claire Smith, Keele University (Treasurer)
- Heather Dawson, LSE Library (Secretary)
- Katrina Georgiades, British Library
- Richard Hopkins, Aston University (Social Media)
- Fran Porritt, Teeside University
- Norma Menabney, Queens University, Belfast
- Alison Skoyles, London South Bank University