ALISS (Association of Librarians and Information Professionals in the Social Sciences) is a not-for- profit unincorporated professional society. It is an independent group which was formed in April 2005 by the former committee of ASSIGN (Aslib Social Science Information Group and Network).
Membership is open to:
- Libraries/ information units in all sectors (government, commercial, voluntary sector, academic sector) associated with the social sciences.
- Information workers/ librarians at all stages of their careers.
ALISS Xmas Special: Web Archives as a Tool for Preservation and Discovery – slides being added!
See the content of our most recent journal we have articles on raiding the profile of women in collections.
- Promoting well-being in Libraries Conference. Papers now added
- ALISS AGM 2019 Developing Inclusive Collections and Services to Empower our Users
slides now available
- Aliss Quarterly prize winners announced
- ALISS Bursaries for 2019 have been awarded. We will open applications for 2020 in January.
more being arranged.